Vision, Mission & Goals
Creation and establishment of versatile and competent Open & Distance Learning system to cater to the educational aspirations of the society across Maharashtra and beyond.
- To deliver affordable and accessible quality education for augmenting the academic value and skills of higher education aspirants.
- To set benchmark for quality distance education. Provide facility for lifelong education to intending learners.
- Strive for up gradation of technology without compromising the basic values of the society.
The Centre for Internal Quality Assurance has been created as a part of quality control measures enshrined in ODL Regulations, 2017. There are several exercises in the field of distance education which require a separate set of quality parameters which may vary from the on-campus programmes for which the IQAC is the nodal agency. The activities in ODL include highly flexible delivery systems and need primarily to be learner-centric. The formation of CIQA will ensure the adoption of qualitative distance education right through all the processes. The ODL programmes envisaged in DYPU SODL would be a dynamic model aimed at creating a broad-based, technology- assisted and a leaner-oriented model. Some of the features are:
- To render quality service to the ODL learners
- To constantly revisit the system based on experience and keep the ODL activities dynamic
- To maintain quality in all the key area of ODL operations
- All the Quality Assurance efforts will be made public and shared among all the stake holders
- To keep in place an effective feed-back system
- CIQA will be the nodal body to coordinate the inter functionality among all the departments
- To provide interactive platforms among all players in ODL to exchange views, ideas and innovative practices
- To ensure quality in the delivery tools form the preparation of Programme Project Report for each programme to evaluation of examination scripts
- Maintaining accurate records of all the activities in ODL and generate reports of all kinds