CENTRE FOR INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (CIQA)
School of Open and Distance Learning D Y Patil University established Central Internal Quality Assurance Cell Keeping in view the enormous growth of the University; multifarious activities performed by the University; directive of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and University Grants Commission; the Centre has been established with the primary focus to shoulder the responsibilities of generating and promoting awareness for quality assurance and to work out the procedural details. The CIQA shall directly report to the Vice Chancellor D Y Patil University.
CIQA cell of SODL channelizes and systematizes the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence. CIQA is working towards improving and maintaining the quality of education, identifying and suggesting new ways of using teaching aids, developing suitable infrastructure and offering suggestions for Curriculum revision and enhancement, etc.
- The CIQA will collect the Programme Project Report (PPR) for each programme and vet it for quality
- It will get the PPRs approved by all the all the statutory bodies of DYPU SODL
- The CIQA will ensure the implementation of all the policies pertaining to distance education of DYPU SODL
- It will generate reports on various activities of ODL and make them available to the authorities of the University
- It will ensure production of quality Self Learning Material (SLM) for each programme and look for the adoption of the guidelines of the UGC in the preparation of Self Learning Material (SLM)
- The CIQA will ensure the implementation of the UGC guidelines in every aspect of the functioning of DYPU SODL
Creation and establishment of versatile and competent Open & Distance Learning system to cater to the educational aspirations of the society across Maharashtra and beyond.
- To deliver affordable and accessible quality education for augmenting the academic value and skills of higher education aspirants.
- To set benchmark for quality distance education. Provide facility for lifelong education to intending learners.
- Strive for up gradation of technology without compromising the basic values of the society.
The Centre for Internal Quality Assurance has been created as a part of quality control measures enshrined in ODL Regulations, 2017. There are several exercises in the field of distance education which require a separate set of quality parameters which may vary from the on-campus programmes for which the IQAC is the nodal agency. The activities in ODL include highly flexible delivery systems and need primarily to be learner-centric. The formation of CIQA will ensure the adoption of qualitative distance education right through all the processes. The ODL programmes envisaged in DYPU SODL would be a dynamic model aimed at creating a broad-based, technology- assisted and a leaner-oriented model. Some of the features are:
- To render quality service to the ODL learners
- To constantly revisit the system based on experience and keep the ODL activities dynamic
- To maintain quality in all the key area of ODL operations
- All the Quality Assurance efforts will be made public and shared among all the stake holders
- To keep in place an effective feed-back system
- CIQA will be the nodal body to coordinate the inter functionality among all the departments
- To provide interactive platforms among all players in ODL to exchange views, ideas and innovative practices
- To ensure quality in the delivery tools form the preparation of Programme Project Report for each programme to evaluation of examination scripts
- Maintaining accurate records of all the activities in ODL and generate reports of all kinds
- To identify potential students who are looking for to continue their education through distance learning mode.
- To reach maximum potential students through effective marketing tools.
- Identifying effective tools to make student understand the importance of LMS in distance education.
- To simplify registration and enrolment process to make admission process hassle free for potential students.
- To create system of financial assistance through easy EMI and hassle-free loans availability for economically weak students.
- To create a round the clock system for assisting students via emails, chats and direct contact with concerned faculties.
- To create a competitive yet manageable examination system to encourage innovative & creative thinking in students.
- Impart quality education through easy platform to masses at affordable cost.
- To impart skills to improve the employability quotient in country.
- The CIQA at DYPU SODL would meet periodically to review the ongoing activities of the Distance Education
- To monitor the preparation of Programme Project Report and ensure that the guidelines of the UGC are strictly adhered to
- To oversee the preparation of Self Learning Material (SLM) and suggest effective corrective measures wherever required
- To follow up the effectiveness of Personal Contact Programmes in terms of its reach, coverage and participation by the students
- To engage constantly with the UGC and MHRD and understand the implications of their guidelines
- To be in touch with the other institutions offering ODL and familiarize with the best practices followed elsewhere
- To encourage research on distance education and encourage the Faculty of DYPU SODL to go for publications and participate in seminars and conferences
- To prepare reports on the progress of ODL periodically and maintain key data on ODL activities in DYPU SODL
- To ensure that the learning is maximised through learnercentric approaches
|Dr. Vandana Mishra||Chairperson|
|Ms. Bhakti Naik||Deputy Chairperson|
|Mr. Naeem Pathan||Deputy Chairperson|
|Mr. Arnab Mondal||Co-ordinator|
|Mr Collin John||Student Member|
|Mr. Sajish Deshmukh||Student Member|
|Ms. Shailaja Poojary||Student Member|
|Mr. Sujith Gopinath||Member from Industry|
|Mr. Sujith Gopinath||Member from Industry|
|Mr. Kishor Thapar||Member from Industry|
|Mr. Amit Chawla||Member from Industry|
|Ms. Suprabha Raorane||Local Nominee|
|Mr. Manoj Diwedi||Employer member (Johnson and Johnson Company)|
|Mr. Guha||Employer member (Times of India)|
|Mr. Anuj Mishra||Employer member (Tunga Hotel Group)|
|Mr Arpit Verma||Employer member (Zen Live Media Pvt. Ltd.)|
|Name of Faculty||Course||Status||Total Experience||Pay Scale|
|Mr. Swapnil Salvi||BSc. Hospitality Studies||Full-time Faculty||21 years Industry and 5 years teaching||As per UGC DEB guidelines|
|Mr. Milind Kilpadi||Bachelor of Business Administration||Full-time Faculty||7 years Industry and 5 years teaching||As per UGC DEB guidelines|
|Mrs. Aarti Pandirkar||Bachelor of Business Administration||Full-time Faculty||9 years of Industry and 4 years Teaching||As per UGC DEB guidelines|
|Mr. Kishor Mhaske||BSc. Hospitality Studies/ Bachelor of Business Administration||Full-time Faculty||20 years Industry and years Teaching||As per UGC DEB guidelines|
|Mrs. Priya Padave||BSc. Hospitality Studies/ Bachelor of Business Administration||Full-time Faculty||2 years Industry and 14 years teaching||As per UGC DEB guidelines|
|Name of Staff||Department||Type|
|Mr. Mohan Bhosale||Administration||Full-time|
|Ms. Neha Sharma||Administration||Full-time|
|Mrs. Manisha Kale||Librarian||Full-time|
|Mr. Pratik Patil||Technical Staff||Full-time|
|Mr. Sadakatulla Noor Mohammad||Technical Staff||Full-time|
|Mrs. Bhakti Naik||Course Co-ordinator||Full-time|
|Mr. Naeem Pathan||Course Co-ordinator||Full-time|
D Y Patil University deemed to be
Sector -7, Vidya Nagar,
Use following details to login into the e-learning portal
URL : https//:search.proquest.com
USERNAME : DYP_LIB
PASSWORD : ProQuest1!
Module wise Reading Material Links BBA
School of Open & Distance Learning, D Y Patil University was incorporated in the year 2018.
In distance education, we use learning materials in various forms – print, audio, video, multimedia, web, etc. The use of various teaching medium, is an integral part of the ODL system. These mediums are used both as carriers of educational information and as instruments to bridge the distance between the teacher and the learner. The learners pursue their studies independently with minimum external support. Our Self-learning materials are designed and developed keeping this requirement of the distance learners in mind.
In order to develop our Self Learning Material we gathered a team of External & Internal Industry experts who were specialists in their area of work. Our External experts were picked from the Industry so that they can contribute in enlightening on the latest trends & technology currently being used in the Industry. And the Internal team comprised of our most senior most faculties who would provide the academic aspect to the process.
This team of experts had several brain storming sessions to arrive at the right approach of developing the Self Learning Material which was to be a very important tool for the students in their learning process. The main aim of these sessions was to focus on all the mandatory requirements of the syllabus and then to add on to the new methods & technologies that are current trends in the Industry. References were taken from a lot of Text Books & Articles, E - Journals, related to the subject & views/suggestions of industry experts were taken into consideration for latest trends & technologies. Accordingly a syllabus was mapped & this was again reviewed by an Academic Council before putting into effect.
This Material was composed & finalised in Oct 2018 & was put into effect for the first batch of ODL which started in Jan 2019.Since it has only been 2 years since we have incorporated this there have been no changes made yet. Moving forward, minor changes will be done every year & major changes to the Syllabi will be done after every 3 years.
Please find below list of Faculties & Industry Experts who have been a part of the team who has developed the Self Learning Material:
|Name of Faculty|
|Chef Swapnil Salvi|
|Chef Priya Padave|
|Mr Kishore Mashke|
|Mrs Aarti Pandirkar|
|Mr milind kipaldi|
Hospitality and business management industry experts
|Mr.Sujith Gopinath||General Manager||The Fern,Mumbai|
|Mr.Vinayak Kamble||H R manager||Four Points by Sheraton,Mumbai|
|Ms.Soni Kamthan||Training Manager||ITC Fortune, Navi Mumbai|
|Chef Ashok||Excutive Chef||ITC Fortune, Navi Mumbai|
|Ms.Bhavna Bhingarde||H R Manager||Beverley Park Hotel|
|Chef Altamash||Exceutive Chef||The Park,Mumbai|
|Chef Dharmesh Katira||Corporate Chef||Theobroma|
|Chef David Canazi||Italian Cuisine Specialist||-|
|Mrs.Anita Rajan||EHK||Country Inn & Suites|
|Mr.Kingsley||EHK||Four points by Sheraton|
|Mr.Favio||FBM||Royal Tulip Hotel|
|Mr.Sanjay Sharma||FBM||IBIS Hotel|
|Mr.Alok Kumar||FOM||Country Inn & suites|
|Mr.Pratap||FOM||Four Points by Sheratons|